References of Ghazwatulhind
- Thawban – may Allah be pleased with him – that the Messenger of Allah (sallallahu ‘alaihi wa sallam) said, “Two groups of my umma Allah has protected from the hellfire: a group that will conquer India and a group that will be with ‘Isa b. Maryam – ‘alaihimas- salat was-salam.” Reported Ahmad, an-Nisa’i, and at-Tabarani.
- Na’im b. Hammad in al-Fitan reports that Abu Huraira – may Allah be pleased with him – said that the Messenger of Allah (sallallahu ‘alaihi wa sallam) mentioned India and said, “A group of you will conquer India, Allah will open for them [India] until they come with its kings chained – Allah having forgiven their sins – when they return back [from India], they will find Ibn Maryam in Syria.”
- While Abu Huraira said, “The Messenger of Allah (sallallahu ‘alaihi wa sallam) promised us the conquest of India. If I was to come across that I will spend my soul and wealth. If I am killed then I am among the best of martyrs. And if I return then I am Abu Huraira the freed.” Reported by Ahmad, an-Nisa’i, and al-Hakim.
- In another narration reported by Ahmad, Abu Huraira says, “I was told by my khalil, the truthful and believed in, the Messenger of Allah (sallallahu ‘alaihi wa sallam) that there will be in this umma an expedition sent to Sind and Hind (India) … .” The rest of the narration is the same but it has the following addition, “… then I will be released from the Hellfire.” At-Tuwaijri remarks this addition explains what is meant by “the freed” above.
“Yes,no doubt hadiths play a major role in our deen, but not those that are weak or fabricated. Unfortunately, man of these weak and fabricated hadith are still going around the subcontinent. In order for a hadith to be accepted we have to know the chain of narration and its classification by famous muhaddiths like Bukhari, Muslim, etc.”
Regarding References, well this is where I need an apology from you. Apology is for references not translated in English.
This URL contains All the Ahadith of GhawatulHind. I have posted an email to webmaster and have requested him to put a translated version of these Ahadith with references. Although complete Hadith with Complete reference is provided but it is in Urdu and it might not be readable for some of us over here. In case he (The webmaster) is not able to provide English Translation, I would make research and find every single of them for our use. Don’t consider me as if I am preaching some ideology, I am equally a student of Islam as many of us are over here. I am also not trying to “make” any body believe what I believe. But since I know something, Its obligatory for me to share it with other brothers and sisters and Mashallah everybody is blessed with sufficient intellect to sort out and identity truth from the rest.
But let me put all the reference books for One Hadith now so you could also start and make needful research if needed.
HADITH OF ABU HURAIRA
“I was told by my khalil, the truthful and believed in, the Messenger of Allah (sallallahu ‘alaihi wa sallam) that there will be in this umma an expedition sent to Sind and Hind (India) … .” The rest of the narration is the same but it has the following addition, “… then I will be released from the Hellfire.
- 1st Referenced by Immam Ahmed Bin Junbal and Quoted in his Book “Albadaya-Wanahaya”
- 2nd REferenced by Immam Nissai (Author of Sunun Nissai) also Quoted this Hadith with slightly different wordings in his books “Sunun Almujtaba” and “Sununul Kubra”.
- 3rd Referenced by Immam Behiqi Quoted in “Sununul Kubra”.
- 4th Referenced by Immam Ahmed in Masnad.
- 5th Immam Abu Naeem Isfahani Quoted in his book “Khaliya-tul-Aoliya”
- 6th Saeed Bin Mansoor Quoted in his book “AlsunNun”
- 7th Naeed Bin Hammad (Teacher of Immam Bukhari) Quoted in “Alfatan”
- 8th Iban-e-Ibi Khatim in his book “Al-Allal”
- 9th Immam Bukhari in his book “Tareek-Al-Kabeer”
- 10th Immam Mazi in his book “Tehzeeb”
- 11th Iab-e-Khujar Askalani in his book “Tehzeeb Al Tahzeeb”.
I have read the references of Hadith No. 1 and tried to write as much close to their original name as much I can. Howerver Arabic names might be pronounced a little diffent than they are done in Urdu and I appologise for any difference in them. Now that was one Hadith only, 11 References other than the original Reference of Immam Abu Huraira.. 12 in Total for just one hadith. There 4 more to go and I hope those references will be equally credible as these are.
Lets stop thinking that we are right and others are wrong on the basis of our limited intellect. We as a human dont know many things and there will be new things that God will keep revealing to us throughout our lives. So one should remain open to analyze and study the presented subject matter. If presented material is not credible enough, you are welcome not to believe it but rejecting before actually studying the content would be a fault. Lets avoid that and improve our approach towards Islam and Life in general.
Jazak-Allah for your time and attention. May God bless you all.